In the words of Dictionary.com:
ef·fi·cien·cy [ih-fish-uhn-see]: accomplishment of or ability to accomplish a job with a minimum expenditure of time and effort.
Efficiency...We’re always trying to improve upon it whether at home or work. The weekly PPS multibriefs newsletter recently offered key efficiency tips for rehab therapy owners - which can clearly be leveraged by other healthcare-related clinics.
- Establish a process and share with staff & patients
- Keep traffic flowing.
- Avoid handoffs: one focused staffer best.
- Huddle up.. review daily schedules with staff
- Create a culture of timeliness. Respect time of others.
- Find your groove...what’s your best work style?
- Get techy. Today’s devices are time savers.