Unfortunately, procrastination may be all too common among business owners... NOT a good trait for those considering selling. The Exit Planning Institute (EPI) estimates that 4.5 million businesses will go to market over the next decade. However, only 20 - 30% may actually be sold according to Christopher Snider, EPI CEO. Recent surveys of business owners by EPI reveal that many have little to no exit planning in place.
|Platinum Financial Planning; jmarkmiller.net|
- What will you do after the sale?
- Can you replace the income from your business?
- Does your business enjoy a healthy advantage in the marketplace?
- Who are potential buyers?
- What are possible obstacles to a sale?
- Are you able to run the business and participate in the sale process?