1. Is my business ready to sell? Key: 2-3 yrs of tax returns, showing maximum profitability.
2. How is a buyer going to value my business?
3. Who should be on my team when I sell? Engage the Experts, if needed, whether an Accountant, Lawyer, Business Broker...
4. Is it the right time to sell? Easier when business is on the upswing.
5. Is the market right?
6. Can I cope with the changes on the horizon?
7. Can my business thrive without me?
8. Would I be willing to stay on if the buyer wants me to? Transition flexibility could improve chances of a done deal.
9. What are the potential deal breakers? Resolve them before the deal nears closing!
10. Would I consider alternatives to an outright sale?
>>Read more for greater insight.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!